The word "tithe" literally means tenth or 10%. Tithing, or giving ten percent of your income, isn't merely giving something to God. It's giving back what was His to begin with. All that we have, or hope to have, comes from him. Every Christian should diligently pray and seek God’s wisdom in the matter of participating in tithing and/or how much to give (James 1:5). Above all, all tithes and offerings should be given with pure motives and an attitude of worship to God and service to the body of Christ. “Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver” (2 Corinthians 9:7).
TAP TO GIVE
You can easily give your tithes and offerings through Sage payments or the Givelify app. To give through Givelify, first download the free Givelify mobile donation app from the App Store or Google Play. Then open the app and follow these step-by-step instructions to make your very first Givelify mobile donation. For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at (202) 399-7774.
1. Find Grace Apostolic Church
- If you are within a two-mile radius, you can use the Nearby tab and find Grace on the GPS map. (Note: To use the Nearby feature, your device must have location services turned on. Also make sure that the Givelify app has permission to access your location.)
- To search for Grace:
- Tap the Search tab at the top of your screen.
- Select “church”
- Enter the church’s name, city, and state
- Tap Search.
- Find the church in the list of results and tap Give To.
2. Make Your First Donation
Once you find the church’s app profile, tap the green Give button. Then follow these steps:
- Select the amount you would like to donate, or tap Other to enter a different amount.
- Select a donation envelope.
- Tap Give Now.
3. Create Your Giving Account
To complete your first donation, you will need to create an account. Follow these steps:
- On the popup, tap Sign Up. Choose Sign-in with Facebook or Sign Me Up by E-Mail.
- Signing up by e-mail:
- Enter your name, e-mail address, and password into the spaces provided.
- Tap the green Sign Me Up button.
- An e-mail will be sent to the address you provided with an activation link. To activate your account, click the link in the e-mail. (Note: You can complete your first donation before clicking the activation link.)
- In the app, tap Continue.
4. Complete Your First Donation
Now that you have created an account, you will be able to complete your donation. Follow these steps:
- Tap the green Give Now button.
- When prompted with a reminder about your activation e-mail, tap Cancel.
- Securely enter your payment information in the spaces provided.
- Complete your donation.
Now that you have completed your first church or nonprofit donation using Givelify, future giving will be a breeze. You will be able to give in just three taps, with no prompts to create an account or enter payment information.